Bible Study - The Lord's Prayer - Part 1 afternoon session
Time & Location
About the event
Study # 3 – The Lord’s Prayer
Dates: Tuesdays – May 22 and 29, 2018
Times: 1:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. (Two alternatives are offered, so that participants can attend based on their schedules and preferences.)
Location: Upper Room, Strathearn United Church
Framework: The Three Worlds
1. The context/world of the Scripture writer
2. The world and circumstances that shaped the text
3. Today’s world and our individual experiences
Part 1 – Tuesday, May 22nd
Rev. Sandy will provide participants with historical/contextual information concerning the first two worlds (1 to 1½ hours)
Part 2 – Tuesday, May 29th
Having reflected on the Lord’s Prayer and the information provided by Rev. Sandy, participants will return to question/challenge/discuss the prayer as it may apply to our world and our lives (1½ to 2 hours).
* If you have, neighbours/friends/relatives that you think might be interested, please extend the invitation. All are welcome!
* Although formal registration is not required, it would be helpful to have a sense of numbers. Please contact Ruth Rampling if you may be interested in attending, or if you have any questions.